Monday, January 18, 2010

Half on the Half


Completed the Houston Aramco Half Marathon yesterday, Jan 17. That's 13.1 miles. It was fun -- before and after was fun -- as I got to spend time with MBD and her BFF, and then with all my kids and HH for lunch afterwards. Can you say SORE. Very, very sore. I didn't train like I should have; so, I am thankful to God for allowing me to complete 13.1 miles, all in one piece.

The thing I struggle with is the half empty/half full thing. I'm afraid I see the half empty part of it mostly. Like, 3:24:45, soooo slooooow. I had to walk most of it. My runner's byline is "They time me with Carbon14". But to show you what I mean:

Half empty: finished in bottom 4%
Half full: 599 finished after me

Half empty: bottom 8% of all female finishers
Half full: 465 finished after me

Half empty: Females, age 60-64, bottom 35%
Half full: 36 finished after me

Brimming: Houston has 2+million residents. I figure I'm in the top .25%, at least, figuring the other 99.75% didn't even participate.

I finished. Yaaay! And today, I can even walk without limping!

No comments:

Post a Comment