Friday, June 5, 2009

MY MACHINES



Here's what I work with. Both are Vikings, the One Plus and the serger is the Huskylock 936, a 5 thread model with coverstitch capability. I must confess I've never used the 5th thread or done the coverstitch. I think the way to go would be to have a second serger; one to keep on cover stitch and one for regular serging. The embroidery part of the One Plus is now rendered useless pretty much because of the new technology, but I use it mostly for sewing anyway. Someday I'll get a newer model for embroidery that's easier to use. They now hook up directly to the computer; no more of the little disc thingys. Much more convenient, I expect. I had a Janome, which is also an outstanding machine, but gave it to my daughter when she became interested in sewing last Christmas. Also on my wish list is one of those embellishing machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment