Sunday, September 20, 2009

CHURCH CRAFT FAIR #1

Wow. July 12th was my last post. Things are getting back to normal -- whatever that is. I'm working at the Thrift Shop that the Women at my church own/run, and that has kept me pretty busy. My husband is recovering nicely from a terrible illness and surgery, and my mom is feeling better. Whew. Deep breath. I finally returned to sewing, new posts of YAYAMADE coming soon with new creations.

I met some new artists this weekend at our Church BarBQ. We had a craft fair for the first time. It was small, but some wonderful artists were there. I want to put in a plug for a couple of them -- well, more than a couple.

There's Sand Dragon Creations by Carol Jenkins of Galveston, TX. She has wonderful aprons and doggie scarves. And what a variety of fabrics she sported this weekend! You can see Carol's designs at http://www.sanddragonh2o.etsy.com/. Even if you don't cook or have a pet, these would make great gifts this Christmas.

I'd also like to put in a plug for our own Ally Hardick. Ally is a little ball of fire. She works tirelessly on our church's community garden, which produces organic vegetables that are donated to Interfaith Caring Ministries' food bank in the Clear Lake/League City/Bay Area, Texas. She is also responsible for putting together "The Hope Cook Book for St. Vincent's House", a wonderful cook book that sells for a mere $20, and all proceeds go to St. Vincent's House in Galveston. What I didn't know about Ally, and learned this weekend, is that she is a gifted artist. She has an etsy shop where you can see her wares. My favorites are the face charms she makes. So creative! She's at http://www.gigifoofoo.etsy.com/.

I've got more to tell you -- more artists to share with you. But I'll have to do that later. MHGS is here and we're going to go do something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment