Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oak Tree Festival

After working (volunteer) at the Thrift Shop on Saturday, I went across the street to the 15th Annual Oak Tree Festival on Main Street in League City. There were several vendors, and I visited with a few of the artisans. Darn it, though, I didn't have my camera with me. But I did get business cards, and permission to share their e-addresses.

I met Allie Demers. She makes baby slings, girls hair bows, aprons (in adult and children's sizes) and some other fun things. Allie has a web shop at http://www.alliedemersdesigns.com/. She had already sold out of her aprons, so I didn't get to see them first hand, but from the pics on her web shop, they are very nice, indeed.

I also met Kiza Moore, who makes cute, cute things for boys, girls, babies. You can visit her shop at http://www.froglovesmonkey.etsy.com/. Her shop is empty right now, as she took all her goodies to the Oak Tree Festival, but she will re-offer them soon. Suspense!

Now I'm going to give a shout out to What Squeaky Shoes! I have to admit that at first I did not intend to share with you about this vendor's wares as they were not handmade by her or her family members. But they are quite ingenious. They squeak when the little one walks, but only if she/he walks correctly -- heel to toe. Plus you definitely know where your little one is while she/he is wearing the squeaky shoes. I suspect they could be a "get-even" gift for grammy to give to the little one, which might not be so appreciated by the little one's mom. But the squeakers can be disabled, so sanity might prevail after all. You can find them at http://www.whatsqueakyshoes.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment