Monday, November 16, 2009

I LOVE JUNKIN'


On my way to Edge, Texas, for Rompin' Stompin' Street Fest, I made a side trip. Since I was already headed that way and since I hadn't been there in several weeks, I decided to stop in at the Hope Village Thrift Store in Friendswood, Texas, to see if there were anymore fabrics on the long tubes. (Remember, last time I went, I bought 4 fabrics of varying yardage for $1 each.) So, I had to -- just had to -- check it out again. And I am sooooooo glad I did.


Yes, they had a few fabric pieces on the tube, but better than that -- sooooooo much better than that -- they had a big, huge tub filled with fabrics, valances, pillow cases and the like. No price was posted, but I figured, "Hey, if they're a buck a piece, it's a bargain," as the smallest piece of fabric that I picked out was a yard, and most were home dec fabrics. They were ......... drum roll .......... 25 cents each. Did you hear that? They were ........ drum roll ........ 25 CENTS EACH.

At hearing this, at the register, I did a little happy dance. I soooooo love bargains. Yippee! Wahoo! Jump up and down, happy happy dance. You know, I don't even care that people were staring and wonderng, "What in the world?" I am easily amused. And I revel at the small, fun, wonderful things in life, like a flower blooming on my hibiscus or the wonderful sunshine or the smile of a stranger or a friend, and yes, of a fantabulous, super-dooper buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment