Monday, May 25, 2009

BARGAINS GALORE - 7/11/2008

"Church Garage Sale". These are some of my favorite words. I like to go garage-saleing and church garage sales are mostly indoors with everything in one spot. Plus at church GS's the prices are usually really LOW. Some of my great finds: a drill press, home-dec fabric for purses, a blue pot (for a plant), couple of belts (for purse handles), a big box of 3-1/2" floppy discs (for crafts), and more. I made 2 trips in to find those items. It pays to look a second time. That's when I found the drill press. Also, I bought a couple of plants. A jade plant for $1 and -- this is such a bargain -- a bougainvillea (in 5-gal bucket, thick and about to bloom) for just $5. I planted it in the flower bed, which has been bare but for one lily for years, as soon as I got home. I'm now on the lookout for a trellis.

At my latest church garage sale, I netted 11 pieces of clothing to use fabric for handbags and other crafts. The price $2.00. Another big benefit of church garage sales: if you go later in the day, late morning or early afternoon, they're ready to make it all go away and hand you a bag and say, "Fill this up for $1.00." You can get a lot in those bags. Way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment