Monday, May 25, 2009

SOME "GREENERY" - 7/27/2008


One of my favorite easy serger projects is a head wrap. This one was for my granddaughter. It's made from a thrift towel which looked new. It's was a quick and easy project. This is a handy thing to have. Instead of wrapping your head in a towel and having it fall continually, this little wrap fits your head and has a little piece of elastic that the tail goes through which helps keep it in place.

Another green project was making note pads using paint chips as the covers. This too I gave to my granddaughter, when she was fixing to head off to school. I cut scrap paper (paper with printing on one side), so this is totally a recycling project. I had seen these on the internet and thought I'd give them a try. The ones I had seen used o-rings to keep the pads together. I used cuff links, which can be removed/replaced. Now they're refillable. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment