Monday, May 25, 2009

TRIAL RUNS - 7/4/2008


Here's some of the things I'm practicing on to see if I want to do them. First is a tote bag made from "plarn" (plastic-bag yarn). As you can see, I just started it. So far I haven't enjoyed the process so much, but as I get further along and get more used to the plarn, I think I'll like it better. Actually I think I'll have to start again and use a much bigger crochet needle.


The other is wire wrapping. It's done with some wire that I found on the street coming back from a recent run. It looked like it had been run over by several Mac trucks so, pretty as it was, purple and white, the plastic cover was a mess. So I stripped it to find the copper wire, mostly intact. It's a great practice medium -- cheap (free). I made an "M" and a "Chis" and some squiggles. I did keep the little plastic pieces that I stripped off the wire. Who knows, they may turn up in some fabric art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment