Monday, May 25, 2009

MY NAME IS JIMMIE AND . . . 7/29/2008

I'll take anything you gimme. That was the theme for a few Sundays ago. Went to MTS' (my talented sister) after church. She's been cleaning out her project room and magazines, pulling out articles she wants to keep and handing the rest off to me. She also gave me a few items that she had two or more of: set of scrapbooking scissors with 12 different cutting edges, a pair of round-nose pliers, a bead palette, a paper shape punch and a tracing light thingy, plus the huge pile of magazines. Wow, did I make a haul!

Have been going through the jewelry-beading magazines and tearing out the articles that I want to keep. I'll either pass the remains on to another beading enthusiast and/or put them in the paper recycling bin. I've got my eye on a couple of jewelry items that I want to make. This will be a new endeavor for me. Have only made bracelets with the elastic string before. Nothing fancy. Am really interested in wire wrapped jewelry. I think it is so cool looking.
The other magazines from MTS are scrapbook-cardmaking magazines. Haven't started going through them yet, but that's next. Will probably pass them on to MBD (my beautiful daughter) who is a scrapbooking guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment