Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Festival with Crafts



Last weekend I happened upon another festival. Well, actually it was at the same location in League City as the last one I told you about. It's right across the street from St Christopher Thrift Shop, where I volunteer. Anyway . . . there was another festival, so I stopped in. This time I had my camera with me. It was put on by Bay Area Community Church. There was face painting, a cake walk and other games, and there was even a band performing. I got a shot of them between numbers. There were several booths with assorted crafts, jewelry, and some skin care and other direct sales people.

I met Brenda Petters (yes, two 't's) of Brenda's Bling, who makes jewelry and other items using conchos. They really caught my eye -- quite clever and very attractive. Here's a pic of her holding a beautiful cross made from horseshoes and conchos. She also makes crystal necklaces, crystal conchos, and leather crosses. You can soon see her work at http://www.baylitecandles.com/. Her tag line is "We make you and your horse sparkle."



I also met Nannette Deming of "Delightful Charms & Trinkets". She had some lovely jewelry and I enjoyed visiting with her. Her kids are working on a website for her, which I'm hoping she'll pass on to me once it's up and running so I can pass it on to you. Here's Nannette with one of her favorite necklace-earring sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment