Saturday, October 17, 2009

International Quilt Festival (IQF) 2009


I spent Friday at the Houston International Quilt Festival (its 35th year) at the George R Brown Convention Center. I had not been in a number of years; so, it was time to go again. I believe it will now be an annual trip for me. All I can say is WOW!

Nah. I can say much more. I have lots to tell and show you.


I arrived around 11:00 a.m. and left when it closed at 7:00 p.m. So, I literally walked for 8 hours. I sat down maybe three times. I imagine I walked about 8 miles at least, up and down vendor aisles, and up and down and across while looking at all the quilts, and up and down vendor aisles again. The quilts were amazing. I took over 200 photos.


I'll be sharing a little at a time about my IQF experience. There is sooooooooo much to share! The photo shown in this post is a photo of the cover of the Houston IQF 2009 commemorative program. The quilt shown is "Star of Stars" c. 1845, from the International Quilt Festival Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment