Tuesday, October 20, 2009

IQF-2

I have been busy with company. Our son was in from Florida. What a nice visit we had. Also, we ate very well: seafood at Babins's on the Kemah Board Walk on Sunday night and great sandwiches in Galveston on Monday at the Sunflower Bakery. We also walked a bit on the seawall and drove around the island (Monday). Plus we got lots of visiting/catching up done.



I've also been busy REorganizing my studio. Thanks to The Fabric Organizer by DeNiece Designs (see photo at left) for getting me started. This is a great product. I bought 20 of the large and 10 of the small Fabric Organizers, and I must have more, more, more. I can see the fabrics clearly and they are easily accesible. I love that! And to make this product even better, it's made and sold locally by a young lady in Spring, Texas. I'll be calling her soon to order more. I'm rearranging everything so I can put a majority of my fabrics on these little jewels. Check them out at http://www.thefabricorganizer.com/. Here's what I have to show you so far (see photo at right) of my REorganizing.


I also want to share just a couple of quilts that I snapped at IQF. There were so many gorgeous quilts, and I took so many pictures. I'll just have to share a few at a time.





This quilt is entitled "Abandoned" by Lynne Morin of Kanata, Ontario, Canada. Techniques: painted, machine applique, machine quilted. Design Source: a photo. "A photo of an orphan in Africa inspired me to think of so many 'abandoned'."








The next quilt is entitled "Moving Forward", also by Lynne Morin of Kanata, Ontario, Canada. Techniques: painted, machine applique, machine quilted. Design Source: Based on a photograph. "This was inspired by my niece who is looking back in the photo, and also looking back on her life so far. She is moving forward by making changes in her life."

No comments:

Post a Comment