Saturday, October 17, 2009

IQF-1


I started my IQF trek in the vendor area. This happened by chance. It's the door I entered, right there at the vendor area. So, it must have been where I was supposed to start. Right? And who doesn't love to shop! My prey -- gadgets. I love gadgets. Gadgets, that is, that make sewing tasks and techniques faster and easier.

My first stop was at #2018, The Wave Edge, where I watched Lily Marie Amaru demonstrate the Wave and Circle products she designed. She wrote a 65-page book, "Let's Make Waves", showing step-by-step how to use The Wave Edge Ruler. She first demonstrated The Simple Circles tool, and how to sew the circle. You can see both of Lily's unique gadgets, and her patterns at http://www.thewaveedgeruler.com/. But to purchase, look for her tools and patterns at your local quilt store. Lily is my kind of lady, as she suggested we buy her items at our quilt stores, to both support local businesses and to save us the expense of the shipping fees. Thanks Lily.


The last photo is a shot of a photo Lily had at her booth of her in all her splendor, boa and all, working hard. I think it's her favorite shot, as she wanted to make sure I shared it. It's pretty funny. Be sure and check out her website (link above). This is really a talented and fun lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment